Sunday, February 25, 2007

Thought it would be a boring weekend...

Was just complaining to D that there's nothing to blog about during the weekend, while I guess that's about wrong...following is the SMS conversation from the FatOne to me and back.

Background information:
Books:
The FatOne passed me some books he thought I can use for my wedding photography some moons back. Apparently now he wants them back. Which is of not a problem to me, but I passed him the wrong ones, 2 weeks back. Hiak hiak.

Package:
When I first started wedding photography, he saw the discs I passed to my client and commented that it's not professional, so he offered to doll up the package for me. Did it quite nicely, then after a few, he started to claim that his ink and paper and effort needed to do the package is very much, (I'll add in another blog regarding this soon).

So, he say he's going to charge for packaging. $50 per package. So this relates basically to what the package is referring to about.

iBook:
I was in search for a replacement for my 3 years old Acer notebook then, and I got an iBook 2 years ago while the FatOne was with me and he was interested in making a purchase also. I wasn't very rich then due to my camera hobby so I went by instalments, and the shop doesn't take American Express cards so I paid for his set as well. Note: The instalment started in 2005. We went by 24 months instalment because we found it easier to pay and lesser burden on us at $72+ a month.

---- Begin of SMS ----

FatOne: I still need the wedding book... Do let me know when I can have it back. Thanks.
WN: Pass you during FS.
FatOne: I've transferred 3x $72.72 for the last 3 payment to you and also $50 for the upcoming package which have yet to come. Let me know if that amount is not enough.

At this point, I have the feeling he wants to cut all ties, so returning the $ is a way to cut it cleanly if he opts to, I've yet to cut any ties, in my earlier skype chat with him. I already said it clear, I will not make any such stupid moves unless he does it first. The $50 was a commercial transaction for my wedding package. Which I normally prepaid to him. Not $ that he owes me. I'm a bit concerned because my wedding is not yet executed and if I can't deliver the package to my couples I do not know what to do?

WN: The package will come next month. You don't have to TT back to me so fast.
WN:Note I'll tt the next 3 back first. Please don't mess up my accounts.
FatOne: Already transferred. If it comes and you still want me to do, then pay me when due. It's ok... I want to clear up my account. No good to owe ppl on CNY.
WN: Pls lor you return everything before CNY not during CNY. TT you late the 72.72x3 the 50 i'll keep.
FatOne: Sorry CNY not over yet. Take it I create troubles for you. Just keep it as it is yours in the 1st place cos if I see that amt in my account later, I'll transfer back. Thanks for allowing me to piggy back on the instalments in the fist place.

Please... it's the Chinese customs to repay all debts before the CNY because we Chinese believe that all debts when not paid, will incur more debts in the new year (a sort of superstition). When the first day of CNY is over, debt is already owed over the near year, so I do not know why. Not to mention the iBook I bought with him is already 2 years old, I went by 24 months instalment. The last year already over CNY, what talking him? Heh.

WN: Whatever. If you want to be stubborn then I also don't want to argue. I go entertain my nephew and niece. Hee.
FatOne: Sure... You must, you see them once a week remember. Thanks for understanding.

Surprisingly, he didn't call me to argue with me further, look like he's tired and all prepared.

---- End of SMS ----

No comments: